- General Operating Fund – This fund is the primary operating fund for the County.
- Community Investment Fund – sub-fund to account for sales tax/lottery revenue dedicated to school capital and property tax revenues for debt/capital projects. This sub-fund accounts for debt service expenditures and transfers to Capital Projects Funds.
Special Revenue Funds – These funds account for revenues legally restricted to specific expenditures.
- 911 Emergency Telephone System Fund – sub-fund to account for revenues received from subscriber fees specifically restricted for the operation and maintenance of a countywide Emergency 911 network.
- Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Fund – sub-fund to account for revenues received under the Community Development Block Grant Program specifically restricted to the revitalization of select areas of the County.
- Cabarrus Arena and Events Center Fund – sub-fund to account for revenues received from rental, user fees and general fund support specifically restricted to the operation of the facility.
- Fire Districts Fund – sub-fund to account for property taxes collected and disbursed on behalf of the Fire Departments that protect the unincorporated areas of the County.
- Sheriff’s Department Fund – sub-fund to account for the collection and appropriation of Federal and State funds received for the Cabarrus County Sheriff’s Office.
- Department of Aging Fund – sub-fund to account for the activities associated with contributions for senior citizen activities and projects.
- Social Services Fund – sub-fund to account for moneys held by the Department of Human Services as agent for various individuals who are incapable of managing their own financial affairs.
- Intergovernmental Fund – sub-fund to account for the accumulation of fines and forfeitures before they are distributed to the local School Boards.
- CARES Act Relief – sub-fund accounts for funding received from the federal government to cover COVID‐19 expenditures for public health emergency.
- Opioid Settlement - sub-fund account for funding received from settlement proceeds from the national settlement agreement of the State and national litigation related to the opioid industry, including the manufacturing, marketing, promotion, distribution, and dispensing of opioids.
Capital Projects Funds – These funds account for the financial resources used for the acquisition or construction of major capital facilities other than those financed by proprietary and trust funds.
- County Capital Projects – constructs, renovates, and equips capital projects for the County through the use of debt and non‐debt sources.
- Public School Building Capital Fund – sub-fund collects State public school funds and lottery proceeds and disbursing the funds for smaller non-debt school capital projects.
- Public School Building Capital Fund - sub-fund collects state public school funds and lottery proceeds and disbursing the funds for smaller non‐debt school capital projects
- Small Projects Fund – sub-fund collects and appropriates general fund revenues and federal and State grant funds received specifically for use by the appropriate Cabarrus County Department who has received the funds.
- School Capital Projects Fund – This sub-fund accounts for planning, design, construction and/or renovation of schools using debt and non‐debt sources.
- Enterprise Fund – This fund accounts for operations financed and operated in a manner similar to private business enterprise. The intent of the county is to recover the cost of the service(s) through fees charged to users.
- Landfill Fund – sub-fund to account for the operations of the solid waste landfill. Cabarrus County accepts demolition and recycled materials at the landfill. Most funds reserved in this fund are for post-closure expenditures related to future closure of the landfill.
- Internal Service Fund – This fund accounts for the financing of goods or services provided by one department or agency to another or to other government units on a cost reimbursement basis.
- Self-Insured Hospitalization and Dental Fund – sub-fund to account for the administration and operation of the County’s healthcare and dental insurance.
- Workers Compensation and Property Liability Fund – sub-fund to account for the administration and operation of the County’s self-funded workers compensation and property liability transactions.
- Custodial Fund – This fund is used to report assets held in a trustee or agency capacity for others and, therefore, cannot be used to support the government’s own programs. The fiduciary fund category includes pension (and other employee benefit) trust funds, private-purpose trust funds and agency funds.
- Jail Commissary Fund – sub-fund to account for the collection and disbursement of jail inmate’s personal money.
- Undistributed Taxes Fund – sub-fund to account for the collection of property taxes and the disbursement of the taxes to the county and to the municipalities located in the county.
- Pension OPEB Trust Fund - sub-fund to account for health care benefits of a single employer defined benefit Health Care Plan which provides postemployment health care benefits to eligible retirees of the county who participate in North Carolina Local Government Employees' Retirement System.