Town of Brewster, Massachusetts
FY2022 Spring Capital Requests
Section IV - Capital Projects: FY2022 Spring Capital Requests
May Town Meeting Capital Requests
The Town allocates approximately 1.75 million dollars of free cash annually to fund capital requests for Town and Elementary School capital. The majority of capital requests are funded at the Fall Town Meeting annually with a portion of the requests funded in the Spring, due to timing of projects and work. The Finance Team works with the Capital Planning Committee to create a five year Capital Plan to be presented to the Select Board and Finance Committe. All capital requests over $100,000 are included in a report to Town Meeting in the warrant booklet so that voters are aware of the major capital expenses over a five year period. Capital requests for the Golf and Water departments are funded through their respective enterprise and special revenue funds, including any debt payments.
Spring Capital Budget Highlights
- $605,500 to be funded with Free Cash. This will leave about 1 million dollars in free cash reserve which meets the financial policy goal.
- Major projects include Long Pond Boat Ramp and landing repairs to be funded with Free Cash and ARPA funds.
- Design for the Brewster Library Ladies elevator replacement project.
- Funding for design for Phase I of the Drummer Boy Master Plan.
- $125,000 in Free Cash for Brewster Elementary School capital requests.
- $268,000 in Water retained earnings for Water Dept. capital requests.
- $320,000 in Golf reserves for Golf Department requests.
- Department Capital Request Forms