OVERVIEW - AIRPORT DIVISION
Ashland Municipal Airport is part of the National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems (NPIAS) and supports a single 3,600’ lighted runway with landing aides, adjacent associated taxiway and taxi lanes for ingress/egress to 14 conventional box hangars, four t-hangar complexes (45 spaces) onsite. The airport also supports fuel sales, 74 based aircraft and an estimated 26,000 operations annually.
- The focus for the airport is to actively support and provide oversite to the Fixed Base Operator (FBO) through the Airport Commission for operation and long-term maintenance of the City’s municipal airport including fund sustainability.
- The airport operates under Federal Aviation Administration regulatory oversite.
OVERVIEW - CEMETeRY DIVISION
The Cemetery Division supports three historic cemeteries including two mausoleums and 25 acres of total cemetery space.
- Maintain all three of the City’s historic cemeteries in a respectful manner.
- The operations and maintenance of the cemeteries falls under rules established by the Oregon Cemetery Board.
- Total internments for the three cemeteries are 10,512. Total grave spaces available is 2,435 and 1,160 cremation spaces.
BUDGET LINE ITEMS (EXPENDITURES)
OVERVIEW - STREETS DIVISION
The Street Division consists of operations and ground maintenance. The core of the system includes 220.98 lane miles, 5,023 signs, 37 miles of markings, 320 cross walks, 365 stop lines, curb/gutter, and ground maintenance of the boulevards.
- The focus for the Street Division is to maintain and provide a safe and efficient integrated network for transportation uses, pedestrian, bicycle, transit and vehicles. This includes signage and marking maintenance, roadway cracksealing, asphalt overlays, curb/gutter and ADA ramp improvements, slurry seals, and chip seals.
- Regulatory oversite comes from numerous adopted standards including: the Oregon Department and Transportation and the Department of Land Conservation and Development and Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices.