- May 10, 2019 - S. Kent Street: Sidewalk replacement is continuing. The contractor expects to have all concrete work completed by the end of May. Then the street repaving work will begin. Woodstock Lane: Once the new watermain is in service, crews will proceed to install the final section of watermain across Pleasant Valley Road. Work will be done in such a manner that ensures one lane of traffic is open in each direction.
- April 29, 2019 - S. Kent Street: All water and sewer work has been completed. Storm drainage installation at Pall Mall and S. Kent will be completed this week. Final concrete work should be completed within the next two weeks, weather permitting. Woodstock Lane: All new water main installation is complete. Testing will occur this week and all services will be tied into the new line next week.
- April 17, 2019 - S. Kent Street: Crews are working on manhole replacement and new storm drainage infrastructure in the intersection of Pall Mall and Kent Streets. This intersection will be closed for two weeks. Repaving will soon follow. Woodstock Lane: Water main installation from Chestnut to Pleasant Valley will begin on 4/18. Once complete, crews will move to Christopher Street to begin sanitary sewer replacement.
- April 1, 2019 - Kent Street: Sidewalk replacement has begun at the Cork Street end and moving south. Expectation is to complete the replacements to Cecil Street this week. Storm drainage improvements at the intersection of Kent and Pall Mall are tentatively scheduled for the week of 4/15. Woodstock Lane: New watermain between Pine and Chestnut has been installed and tested. Service connections for both water and sewer in this area will start this week.
- March 4, 2019 - Kent Street: Water and sanitary sewer services are complete. Sewer manhole replacement is scheduled to begin this week. Demolition and reconstruction of sidewalks will start week of March 11 (weather permitting). Woodstock Lane: Installation of the water bypass system will begin this week in anticipation of the water main replacement.
- February 15, 2019 - Kent Street: Crews have completed the utility services connections between Cork Street and Monmouth Street. They hope to have all water and sewer services on the project replaced within the next two weeks. After that, they will move to replacement of the sewer manholes and demolition of the existing curb and sidewalks in order to start rebuilding the street. Woodstock Lane: The contractor expects to start on the waterline replacement in the street in approximately two weeks.
- January 3, 2019 - Kent Street: Watermain installation is progressing south on Kent Street towards Millwood Avenue and is approximately halfway complete. Watermain replacement is expected to be complete by the end of January. Woodstock Lane: Crews will begin work on Thursday, January 10. Traffic on Woodstock Lane will be flagged during this work. Work in the middle the Pleasant Valley and Woodstock intersection is scheduled for Saturday, January 12. Traffic may be reduced to one lane in each direction, but there will be no full street closures.
- December 18, 2018 - Kent Street: New water main has been installed and tested in the blocks between Cork and Cecil Streets. Main replacement will continue from Cecil, heading south towards Gerrard and the street will continue to be closed to traffic in sections of no more than two blocks at a time. Crews will reopen Kent Street between the Christmas and New Year’s holidays since no work will be occurring during that time. Residents are asked to park outside of the active work zone. Woodstock Lane: It has been determined that work on the section of Woodstock between Pleasant Valley Road and Christopher Drive will occur between June and August 2019 during WPS summer break, so that school traffic impacts will be minimized.
- November 16, 2018 - Kent Street will be closed between Cork and either Cecil or Clifford on November 20-21 and reopened for the Thanksgiving weekend. Afterwards, it will close again until al water main installation is complete.
- November 9, 2018 - Two-block closures are expected to begin (weather permitting) on South Kent Street on November 12, starting at the Cork Street end of the project. The northbound left turn lane from Pleasant Valley onto Woodstock and the left-hand northbound lane on Pleasant Valley will be closed during this work. The right-hand northbound lane on Pleasant Valley will be open to all traffic.
- November 2, 2018 - Crews are continuing to install the temporary waterline bypass on Kent Street. During this work, traffic will be flagged. On Monday, November 5, the contractor will be test-pitting the existing utilities in the intersection of Pleasant Valley Road and Woodstock Lane. The northbound left turn lane from Pleasant Valley onto Woodstock and the left-hand northbound lane on Pleasant Valley will be closed during this work. The right-hand northbound lane on Pleasant Valley will be open to all traffic.
- October 19, 2018 - Crews began some exploratory work this week and removed several trees that were dead/dying/damaged. The crews will take a break for another project and will return on 10/29 to begin construction the first full week of November.
- October 12, 2018 - The Kent Street/Woodstock Lane Improvement Projects will start on Monday, October 15. Parking may be restricted in some areas, please watch for No Parking signs. There are no expected street closures next week, but crews will be flagging traffic around construction. Please drive with caution.
The work includes the replacement of existing utilities in South Kent Street between Millwood Avenue and Cork Street and Woodstock Lane between Pleasant Valley Road and Pine Street. This project will replace City utilities infrastructure including: water mains, water service lines, fire hydrants, sanitary sewer manholes, sanitary laterals, curb and gutter, and storm drain inlets and piping.
Once the underground utility infrastructure has been replaced, new sidewalks will be installed and the streets repaved.
Work on Kent and Woodstock is currently underway.
Watch this video (publiCITY news show) for an overview of the project.
Kent Street: Work will be completed in two-block sections and where work is occurring, that section of the street will be closed to thru traffic. Access and accommodations will be made for residents.
Woodstock Lane: When crews are working at the intersection of Woodstock Lane and Pleasant Valley, one lane of traffic will remain open and all work on the intersection will be completed during the weekend. For the remaining portion of Woodstock, a flag crew will direct thru traffic Monday-Friday and will close the street to thru traffic temporarily if necessary on weekends.
Timeline and Cost
Timeline: Work began the week of October 15, 2018 and is expected to be completed by September 2019 (weather permitting). Crews will be on site between 6 am-6 pm, but hours may vary depending on work and weather. The City's noise ordinance allows work to occur between 6 am and 10 pm.
Order of Work on Kent Street:
- Underground work (water/sewer pipes and stormwater infrastructure)
- Manholes installation
- Demolition and reconstruction of sidewalks
- Repaving street
- Landscaping and striping of road
Cost: Approximately $5.5M