- November 16, 2018 - Kent Street will be closed between Cork and either Cecil or Clifford on November 20-21 and reopened for the Thanksgiving weekend. Afterwards, it will close again until al water main installation is complete.
- November 9, 2018 - Two-block closures are expected to begin (weather permitting) on South Kent Street on November 12, starting at the Cork Street end of the project. The northbound left turn lane from Pleasant Valley onto Woodstock and the left-hand northbound lane on Pleasant Valley will be closed during this work.The right-hand northbound lane on Pleasant Valley will be open to all traffic.
- November 2, 2018 - Crews are continuing to install the temporary waterline bypass on Kent Street.During this work, traffic will be flagged. On Monday, November 5, the contractor will be test-pitting the existing utilities in the intersection of Pleasant Valley Road and Woodstock Lane.The northbound left turn lane from Pleasant Valley onto Woodstock and the left-hand northbound lane on Pleasant Valley will be closed during this work.The right-hand northbound lane on Pleasant Valley will be open to all traffic.
- October 19, 2018 - Crews began some exploratory work this week and removed several trees that were dead/dying/damaged. The crews will take a break for another project and will return on 10/29 to begin construction the first full week of November.
- October 12, 2018 - The Kent Street/Woodstock Lane Improvement Projects will start on Monday, October 15. Parking may be restricted in some areas, please watch for No Parking signs. There are no expected street closures next week, but crews will be flagging traffic around construction. Please drive with caution.
The work includes the replacement of existing utilities in South Kent Street between Millwood Avenue and Cork Street and Woodstock Lane between Pleasant Valley Road and Pine Street. This project will replace City utilities infrastructure including: water mains, water service lines, fire hydrants, sanitary sewer manholes, sanitary laterals, curb and gutter, and storm drain inlets and piping.
Once the underground utility infrastructure has been replaced, new sidewalks will be installed and the streets repaved.
Work in both areas will occur simultaneously.
Watch this video (publiCITY news show) for an overview of the project.
Kent Street: Work will be completed in two-block sections and where work is occurring, that section of the street will be closed to thru traffic. Access and accommodations will be made for residents.
Woodstock Lane: When crews are working at the intersection of Woodstock Lane and Pleasant Valley, one lane of traffic will remain open and all work on the intersection will be completed during the weekend. For the remaining portion of Woodstock, a flag crew will direct thru traffic Monday-Friday and will close the street to thru traffic temporarily if necessary on weekends.
Timeline and Cost
Timeline: Work will begin week of October 15, 2018 and is expected to be completed by June 2019 (weather permitting). Crews will be on site between 6 am-6 pm, but hours may vary depending on work and weather. The City's noise ordinance allows work to occur between 6 am and 10 pm.
Cost: Approximately $5.5M